Sunday, October 03, 2010

Mom and Berk

We had a wonderful visit this weekend from my parents! We didn't tell the kids ahead of time that they were coming and their reactions were priceless! I made chicken and dumplin's for dinner -- mom's favorite, and banana pudding for dessert -- Berk's favorite. I also made Carrot Zucchini Fritters. Jeff said it was the best banana pudding he's ever eaten, so you'll have to check Barefoot in the Kitchen soon for the recipe. :)

Jeff and I had to go somewhere Saturday morning which meant Grammie and Baba stayed with all three kids ... yes, I actually left the baby! It was nice to go off on our own for a few hours without having to worry about the kids. They went for a walk up to the library while we were gone. That afternoon we all drove over to a local festival and walked around there for a while. It wasn't quite what I expected, but I enjoyed learning some new things. 

All together it was a great weekend, though I wish I'd gotten the batteries for the camera charged so I could have gotten some good pictures. 

No comments: