Friday, August 06, 2010

You Had Me at Hello

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times ..."

At dinner, we've started a tradition of going around the table asking each person what the best and worst parts of their day were. Inevitably in the "best" column for all of us is, "Daddy (Jeff) (me) coming home from work!" In the "worst" category is "Daddy (Jeff) (me) going to work." Other "bests" for the kids include going to the library, Selah laughing, playing outside, watching Voltron, etc. Some of their "worsts" include going grocery shopping, Selah crying, unloading the dishwasher, and putting away laundry.

So now you'll understand the incredibly romantic thing my husband told me this morning. I was awake with him when he was getting ready for work. We were in the kitchen talking and just enjoying each other's company when he looked at the clock, realized it was time to go and sighed, saying "You make this the worst part of my day."

He's such a sweet talker.

No comments: