Thursday, August 26, 2010

Poor Babies

Well, I pulled all of Kaity and Joe's teeth out today. Oh, wait, that's not what I did. I just had them each write an essay.

Here's Joe's essay about his family: (Joe dictated and I wrote it down.)
My daddy is special because he plays MarioKart with me. My mommy is the best cook in the universe. Kaity writes Captain Zip comic books. Selah smiles, laughs, and kicks her feet when she sees me.
Here's Kaity's essay on "Courage".
My essay is about courage. Courage is "the quality of mind that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, etc. without fear; bravery." That is the dictionary definition. I am going to talk about three people, Felicity, Rebecca, and Esther. Felicity and Rebecca are fictional, but Esther is a true story from the Bible.
Felicity loved horses. One time she saw a horse, but it belonged to someone else who treated the horse badly. One night she let the horse free. It took courage to do that!
Rebecca wanted to perform. She told jokes in front of the neighborhood! She performed on her doorstep.
Esther was a young woman. She was chosen to be queen. When Esther's cousin Mordecai did not bow down to Haman, the king's advisor, he planned to kill all the Jews, Esther's people.  It took courage for Esther to tell the king this. When people came in uninvited they were beheaded! But it turned out all right. Haman was hanged on the gallows that was supposed to be for Mordecai.
Felicity, Rebecca, and Esther were just ordinary girls. They showed courage because they kept on doing it even though they might have been scared. What do YOU think courage means?

No comments: