Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yesterday ...

... Daddy was home from work! He's currently working four-tens, Tuesday through Friday. He took advantage of that and went to his parents' house to work on the bus. I let the kids go with him, but only after they finished up about half of their schoolwork. We finished school last night after dinner.



I got Kaity to take Charlotte's Web along so she could read it aloud to Joe during the drive. He's really enjoying it, though he already knows the story well. (By the way, if you've not seen the 2006 movie version of the book, you really should! It departs from the book only slightly, and definitely captures the charm of the setting and characters. I thought it was very well done.)

This is what Joe drew while I was reading a chapter to him one day.

Selah and I stayed home and got a lot accomplished! I did several loads of laundry, made a quiche for my lunch (delicious!), cleaned the kitchen, gave the baby a bath, made three batches of baby food (sweet potatoes, green beans, and peaches), cooked dinner, read a few chapters in "Wives and Daughters", not to mention fed/diapered/entertained/rocked to sleep an adorable baby!

No comments: