Saturday, August 07, 2010

Joe's on A Roll

Yesterday afternoon, we had a quick summer storm complete with thunder and lightning. Kaity and Joe are not fans of storms, let me tell you! They had both started whimpering when Joe suddenly stopped and said, "Hey, let's pretend we're brave men like Daddy!"

Last night, I asked Joe to pick out a onesie for me to put on Selah. He hurried up the stairs, saying, "I'm going to pick the cutest one ever!" After he brought it to me, I began dressing the baby and we had the following conversation.
Joe said, "Someday I'm going to be getting a baby dressed."
"Oh, you're going to be such a good daddy."
Changing his mind about the whole thing, he replied, "No, I don't think I'm going to get married."
"Why not?"
"Well, actually, if God tells me to, then I'll get married."
What a wonderful way to look at it!

Then, earlier this morning, I was pouring the kids' milk for their cereal when Joe announced, "I prayed and asked God that my loose tooth wouldn't come out while I was eating my cereal." After breakfast, while I was typing the story above, he ran up the stairs saying, "Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!" It took me a minute to realize he was thanking God for His answer to prayer!

No comments: