Way back in "aught nine", I interviewed my TWO kids about their mom. It was pretty hysterical! I ran across it several weeks ago and am finally getting around to interviewing Selah. This has been quite an experience, I'll tell you that! Be very thankful that I've edited out a good bit of her commentary and random, rambling stories. I then re-interviewed Joe, just for laughs.
1. What is something Mommy always says to you?
S:"Put your dishes away. Clean up and uh ... also, clean the stairs."
J:"Finish your school."
2. What makes Mommy happy?
S:"Putting my dishes away. Um ... Clean up your room."
J:"Me obeying her."
3. What makes Mommy sad?
S:"Not doing your dishes. When you don't clean up your room."
J:"Me accidentally breaking a ceramic bowl."
4. How does Mommy make you laugh?
5. What was Mommy like as a child?
S:"Selah. I love my mommy!" (Then she gave me a hug.)
J:"A German girl."
6. How old is Mommy?
J:"Ten trillion years old? 35."
7. How tall is Mommy?
J:"Somewhere between 5 and 6 feet."
8. What is Mommy's favorite thing to do?
S:"Um, clean dishes? You like to eat dinner!"
9. What does Mommy do when you're not around?
S:"Um, go get dishes?" (I intervened. "Enough with the dishes! You're obsessed!") "Go get groceries!"
J:"That's a toughie. Play on the laptop."
10. If Mommy becomes famous, what will be for?
S:"She's awesome! Well, you ARE awesome."
J:"Best chef. Best cook. Best dessert maker."
11. What is Mommy really good at?
J:"Cooking. Giving birth? I mean, seriously, you've had lots of practice."
12. What is Mommy not very good at?
J:"I don't know ... Maliciously annihilating things."
13. What does your mom do for a job?
14. What is Mommy's favorite food?
S:"Um, lettuce. Meatballs. Ooh, ooh ooh - 'busketti'!"
J:"I know it's not ice cream! Brownies? Chocolate?"
15. What makes you proud of Mommy?
S:"Put all your dishes away and you're finished, and then you see it!" (I think she's got this one backwards, like I'm proud of her when she does her dishes.)
J:"She spends most of her time with us four kids. When she's not cooking or sleeping with Dad."
16. If Mommy were a cartoon character, who would she be?
S:"Stench of the meatballs! (She just finished watching "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs".)
J:"Iron Man." (Yes, because the millionaire playboy lifestyle is SO ME. Maybe it's the beard."
17. What do you and Mommy do together?
S:"Get lollipops for me and Joe. Mop!"
18. How are you and Mommy the same?
S:"Um, necklaces. We have necklaces."
J:"We both have green eyes."
19. How are you and Mommy different?
S:(She just started giggling uncontrollably, then indicated our hair color being different.)
J:"We have different hair color. I'm male and she's female."
20. How do you know Mommy loves you?
S:"Hugging each other."
J:"Because she's related to me."
21. What does Mommy like most about Daddy?
S:"Kissing each other! You kiss my Daddy."
J:"Everything? I don't know. I have no clue. Everything, I guess."
22. Where is Mommy's favorite place to go?
S:"To the movies."