Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Long Delayed Update

Although I've made our announcement "Facebook official", I realize I haven't updated the blog, so ...

 

Our family is humbled and blessed by the new little addition! We are due July 24, so I will be twelve weeks on Wednesday. I felt great at first but right after Thanksgiving I learned what morning sickness is! It has been literally all day, every day, all night, every night. Medication and home remedies haven't touched it, unfortunately. I have had maybe 3-4 good days with no nausea during this time. Thankfully Jeff had some time off during the holidays and was an amazing help to me! It's been tough on him, too because while I was dealing with pregnancy issues, a six-week long cold and then bronchitis, he came down with the flu, then pneumonia! Kaity joined him a week later. Thankfully Joe and Selah have avoided serious illness. 

So, I haven't posted in a while mainly because of illnesses and busyness, but also because several keys on our laptop quit working! A friend showed Jeff how to find the onscreen keyboard and that is what we've been using. It's a point and click interface which makes for very slow going, though, so I'm really just avoiding typing as much as possible! (We're missing I, J, K, M, comma, and spacebar.)

I feel like this post has a lot of negative news along with our wonderful news, but that's the way life is sometimes! We have had lots of beautiful, providential blessings happen lately, too and I can't wait to share them soon!

No comments: