Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Family Update

I don't have any pictures this time, just an update on life as we know it. School is going well. Kaity has taken to making out a chart of all that she has to do that week and checking it off daily as she goes. I was really proud of her for taking the initiative. She's studying the Civil War era (which Daddy insists on calling The War Between the States). She started reading Old Yeller yesterday.

Joe's math skills are about on level with Kaity's reading skills at his age! He just GETS numbers. He can add/subtract very well and do simple multiplication. He's beginning to understand how letters and their sounds fit together to make words on the page. Both kids spend every spare moment playing outside!

Work is going well for Jeff and Thursday we get to experience it! Our homeschool group is going on a field trip to the quarry. I'll write all about it then, but we're quite excited about getting to go.

I and the baby are doing well. She is a squirmy little bugger and I frequently can't actually breathe, but we're doing well just the same. My next appointment is on Monday, then I'll go every two weeks. She still doesn't technically have a name, though we have a fall-back if we end up staring at a blank space on the birth certificate.

I guess that's all for now! Time to start school ...

No comments: