Friday, December 11, 2009

Charlotte

On Saturday, my oldest fri... um, longest ... um, let me start over! On Saturday, my friend Leah and I met in Charlotte, North Carolina for a girls' day out! We started out as "best friends" a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. I was the same age as Kaity, actually! Anyway, Charlotte is a good halfway point for the two of us, and allows us to spend the day together when we otherwise couldn't. We had a fabulous time touring the Mint Museum of Art, and the Mint Museum of Craft + Design. The sister museums are both super-cool and had some wonderful exhibits. A few of our favorites were an exhibit of fashion from the 1940's through modern day; quilts from the earliest days of America through today, and the art of Loïs Mailou Jones. Lunch was at a pizza place in downtown called Fuel. Very reasonably priced, and yummy! We also made the trip up the interstate a little ways to the HUGE Ikea store. We found great furniture, naturally, and also terrific little gifts for our children.

I knew my camera wouldn't do the art justice so I didn't take a lot of pictures. Here are a few, though ...



No comments: