Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ebates and Saving Money

So I'm all about saving money. And it works out well that I'm not a big fan of shopping. I like to know what I'm getting, get in and get out. I'm not a browser, unless I'm just having fun with friends. I guess since I've never had a lot of "mad money" to spend, I don't like looking around at all the stuff I can't afford and don't really need anyway! The only exception is grocery shopping -- I could spend all day in a good grocery store. :)

My friend Leah introduced me to Ebates a while back, and I've finally gotten around to using it more often. I did most of my Christmas shopping on-line, so the Ebates website was a lifesaver! Basically what you do is go to the website and from there you click on the link you want. Lots of stores I like to shop at are a part of the service. Barnes & Noble, Target, Wal-Mart, JC Penney, and Kohl's are just a few. When you click the link, a ticket automatically opens that tracks your purchases. Ebates then rewards you with a percentage in cash back. How cool is that?! The rebate percentage varies from store to store. I've gotten anywhere from 2% to 12%. The site also lists all the on-line coupons and deals available from your chosen website.

From Christmas shopping alone, I expect to receive about $15 back! (And that's all stuff I would have bought anyway, without the Ebates cash back.) Yay for saving money!

No comments: