Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

For Thanksgiving each year, we trade off which side of the family gets to enjoy our presence. This year we did something a little different. For the actual holiday, we went to Jeff's hometown of Duluth and spent the day with some of his Dad's side of the family. That's always a great gathering with tons of delicious food (including Jan's Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake, Cheryl's Sweet Potato Souffle and Denise's dressing!). I brined and roasted a turkey:


But on Friday morning, we drove to the land where time slows down: South Georgia. The sight of this sign always makes me smile!

Gill Hill - Pierce County, Georgia.
The best part is, of course, the people. We stayed at Granny's house and had a steady stream of company all weekend. I didn't get pictures of everyone, but more than I usually do.

Granny and me.

3 generations
Uncle Steve and Aunt Belinda, Uncle David and his granddaughter Kiley Jo.
Eric, Shanna, and Jacob; Uncle Donnie, Aunt Cindy and Kaity.
Uncle Donnie and Jacob taught Lauryn the joys of blowing raspberries.
Friday night, Granny and I drove up to the mailbox and decided to pop in on Aunt Eleanor and Uncle Ronald while we were out. We also got to see my cousin Jessica and her three kiddos, Uncle Robert, Uncle Linwood & Aunt Joyce. Gill Hill is the family farm land where eight of the original 13 siblings live, so we usually see plenty of family when we visit.



I actually wrote all of this a few days ago, then forgot to publish it. So, I'll post more pictures from our trip later, and then it's on to December!

No comments: