Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Strawberry Festival

Last Saturday Jaemor Farms held their inaugural Strawberry Festival. When I saw that they were having a strawberry cook-off I decided (with Jeff's encouragement) to try my hand at an entry. After lots of pondering, I chose to modify my Summer Cake recipe and turn it into one that features strawberries. After testing it on several family members, I tweaked the recipe again and entered my Strawberry Summer Cake into the contest.

We wandered around the vendors and market before enjoying a picnic lunch - peanut butter and honey sandwiches. 

"I'm Georgia Grown!"

These next four pictures are from Jaemor's Facebook page:

Strawberry Summer Cake!

The judges loved the presentation!


Three of the cakes tied for first, and after further deliberation a winner was chosen. Sadly, it was not me, but happily I came in second!

The judges were (l-r) Moby Carney from WNGC, Senator Butch Miller, and Joel Williams of WDUN

No comments: