Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Side Note: Is it just me, or does everyone have times when they are so completely overwhelmed with stuff to do that you end up on the couch staring blankly into space like a sheep? The end of the school year is like that for me. So. Much. Stuff. To. Do. Anyway, I feel that way about the blog sometimes, too - I mean, this is a nice creative outlet for me, an enjoyable digital scrapbook hobby, but on occasion I have several events that I want to post about before I forget them and it just feels like I'll never catch up on them all!

So, I'll ask that you forgive my end-of-the-school-year brain, overlook my rambling sentences, disregard the complete lack of attention to a logical timeline, and just enjoy the pretty pictures. Now: On to Mother's Day!

Cheryl's present: It's hard to tell in the picture, but these are peacocks made from the kids' handprints and Lauryn's footprints.

Mom's present: I was unable to suppress the urge to make a craft for my mom on Mother's Day. :) Mom loves her coffee!


*gasp* Flowers from the father of my children. He's a keeper! Also, he got me a sweet card, but you don't get to see that. ;)

We also celebrated with Lauryn's baby dedication! My mom and Jeff's parents were able to join us for the event. This is just a time when the parents of the new baby affirm their intention to raise their child in a way that honors God.

For our children I often pray Paul's words from Colossians 1, "And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."


This was the best we could manage of a family picture. Please don't judge.
 After church we took our moms out to lunch!
Ken and Cheryl



Grammie and Lauryn
 My beautiful mother and me!
Two peas in a pod. There's a reason Jeff calls me "Jennifer Lynnette".


No comments: