Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Portrait of Her Mommy as a "Young" Woman

When I got Lauryn's 3-6 month clothes out, I was excited to see she had a pair of yellow footed pajamas just like Selah! I probably don't need to tell you that my excitement paled in comparison to Selah's!

Lauryn was not so enthusiastic.
Late this morning, Selah decided to draw a picture of me. I LOVE this stage in my kids' lives. It is hilarious to see their perception of what the world around them looks like. It's like a psychology experiment. In this first picture, Selah wanted to see my hand so she could draw it more accurately.

Here's a close-up of her drawing. My head is on the left, legs on the right. If you've ever seen my feet, it will no doubt greatly amuse you to know she spent a lot of time on them! Those objects all the way to the right are my toes. The things floating in the air next to my head are my hands and fingers. And apparently I've gotten my hair cut like Calvin recently.

She added my name to the picture, in the top right corner. Then she drew herself next to me. She had me trace her hands at the top, and she put the rest of her self-portrait at the bottom.

Here's the finished product!

No comments: