Monday, June 03, 2013

This Is (Not) Jeopardy!

So I got to thinking the other day about my Jeopardy! tryout. Every once in a while someone will ask about what the latest news is, and honestly, there isn't any! I did realize that I never posted any pictures on here from the actual trip, either, and I've decided to make this kind of the conclusion post. If you don't know/remember the beginning of the story, you can read all about it in "This ... Is ... Jeopardy!"

In a nutshell, it's my belief I won't be on the show. I was told by the producers that names are kept for 18 months, and given that it's been 15 months since my tryout and I'll have a newborn in several weeks ... I am so not flying to California anytime soon! I'd turn it down at this point even if I got The Call.

Anyway, here are a few pictures from the trip - it was a hilarious, once-in-a-lifetime, whirlwind trip that involved literally running to make the flight, a very tasty latte, helpful airport employees, not-so-helpful airport employees, a disappointing Philly Cheesesteak (sad Jeni), interesting people, LOTS of walking, and not nearly enough time to see all the history we wanted to see! Amber and I had a blast and I would do it all again in a heartbeat! ... When life calms down a little.

Carpenter's Hall
"The Signer"

Independence Hall
The Liberty Bell - I'm not the only one that thought it was a lot bigger than this, am I?
Different view of Independence Hall
At the coffee house where I had the tasty latte.

1 comment:

Belinda Jo Adams said...

sweet. I am glad you had that experience, at least. ILY