Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fondue Night!

I love fondue! It's so versatile. You can serve whatever you want to use as dippers and everyone can have something they like. You don't have to have a fondue pot to serve it, either, just keep it in a saucepan and reheat as necessary. Ours generally gets eaten so quickly that there's no need to heat it up!
Cheddar Cheese Fondue for dinner! I served it with cubed chicken (seasoned and sauteed), baby carrots, roasted potatoes, and little rolls stuffed with spinach and cheese. It was all good, though I confess that the potatoes nearly caused strife when there were only a few left. Fortunately, no one was stabbed with a fondue fork, but it was a close call. :)

Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
3 potatoes, scrubbed and diced
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary

This is a very simple, to-your-taste recipe. Just toss the potatoes with the olive oil and seasonings. I don't actually measure anything for this, so the amounts are all approximate. Bake on a foil-lined baking sheet in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Take out and stir around, flipping over the potatoes. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown.

Dessert -- Double Chocolate Fondue. Wow. This is incredibly rich, but -- wow. Here's a link to the deliciousness. I served it with marshmallows, apples, bananas (not pictured), and rolls stuffed with peanut butter and strawberry jam.

1 comment:

Adoptedforlife said...

girl you never cease to amaze me.. How do you do this? I dont know if you know who nancy cambell is but you have got to get her meal tablebook www.aboverubies.org you could appreciate it you already do it and you enjoy it. I love reading your stuff you inspire me. I made homemade pizza dough the other day it was so good thank you for you inspiration. always wanted to go to melting pot never had money to go so I am going to do with family that is even better thanks for the bust. cant wait to see you back in your new/ old home where did you get pretty plates ect to go with? Love ya anne