Monday, November 03, 2014

The Fab Four

I'm often reminded by my handsome husband and my lovely mother that I haven't updated the blog in a while. Once again, my only excuse is that life has been SO busy! As I mentioned when I posted last month (ha!) our schedule has changed and gotten exponentially busier since this time last year. One big change is joining a homeschool co-op, which I think has been really beneficial for our family.

At co-op, Kaity is taking Biology and a class on Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. I love Biology and looked forward to teaching it, but when I realized Kaity could take it in a small classroom setting at about the same price, I decided that would be best for her. She's also studying church history, British Literature, and Algebra.

Joe is taking two science classes at co-op, one on Animal Kingdom Notebooking and one on the scientific method. At home he's doing math (next to playing piano, it's his favorite subject), more science centered on the human body and history/literature focused on the eastern hemisphere.  He plays outside every chance he gets!

Selah is enjoying being four, which means I haven't started formal schooling with her yet! She's done some handwriting practice, educational games, and "life skills" like chores. I'm currently reading Mary Poppins to her. She loves being a big sister and continues to, as I may have mentioned, sometimes love Lauryn "not wisely, but too well."

Lauryn is growing super-fast! This child is so clearly a clone of her daddy that strangers come up and say, "She must look like her daddy!" Indeed, she looks just like Jeff and her personality is obviously much more like his than mine. She doesn't have a large vocabulary yet - mama, dada, ball pretty much sums it up - but she understands very well. It's fascinating to watch her tiny brain work out problems. She loves music and playing peek-a-boo, clapping for herself every time. She also likes to help clean up her toys, tossing them in the basket.

Looking through new books!

Being silly during Bible time, as usual.

Super Baby!

Anytime Daddy is on the floor is an invitation to wrestle!
This child ... this hysterical, silly, one-of-a-kind child. She said, "Mommy, look at my new dress!" Yes, she's wearing a grocery bag. And a pair of shorts with her brother's belt.


No comments: