Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Kaitlyn

Our little Kaity was looking cute yesterday so I thought I'd take a few minutes to get some good pictures of her.

I tried to keep her talking and laughing in an attempt to get more natural expressions. She is her mother's daughter and it's a family joke that I am not photogenic - my best pictures are when I'm not looking directly at the camera. I often see pics of myself and lament, "I look like such a dork in this picture!" To which Jeff's response is typically a knowing look which brings to mind the Lincoln quote, "There are no bad pictures; that's just how your face looks sometimes." But I digress.

My Papa used to always sing to her, "K-K-K-Kaity, beautiful Kaity, you're the only g-g-g-girl that I adore ..."


My Granny calls her Kaity-Kaity because she's double-sweet - so my uncle David calls her "Kuh".

Jeff and I call her Gracie when she's acting like Gracie Allen - "Say goodnight, Gracie."

And one without the glasses so you can actually see her pretty eyes ...
That's our Kaitlyn Grace!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Kaity. :)

Lynnette said...

She is changing from an adorable little girl into a beautiful young lady, inside and out!