Friday, January 17, 2014

Advantage: Home School

One of the many advantages of homeschooling is that the kids can do their work anywhere - an advantage for me, not them! I remember loving doctor's appointments because it meant a day off school, but my kids have to take their work with them. Keeps 'em out of trouble. :)

At Pittard Academy, it's a privilege to get to do your work while sprawled on the living room floor, or snuggled on the couch in a blanket. To keep them focused I sometimes make them sit at the kitchen table:


But most of the time, this is what school looks like:


Selah announced this morning that she was going to draw a picture of me. She said, "You have legs. They're long. And you have feet." Here I am:
"I have a big head and little arms ... I'm not sure how well this plan was thought through." (Name that movie!)
The scribble-scrabble in the middle is where I'm holding Lauryn.

Sisters! Lauryn's expression is just hysterical to me. I don't know why I find it so amusing. I love her jowls.


1 comment:

Katie Garner said...

Meet the Robinsons!!! I'm just catching up on all your blog posts and saw the big head with little arms :) I love that movie!!