Tuesday, May 27, 2008

School's Out for Summer!


Well, not quite for us yet ... but I did go ahead and order our school things for next year! Honestly I think we'll finish out this week and call it a year. I went on-line today after perusing the catalog for a few weeks. I knew what I wanted and it was so fun adding things to the shopping cart! I got Kaity's third grade curriculum and then added on a few things for Joe as well. I'm not doing an official curriculum with him, I just picked out books I thought would interest him, as well as a couple of things he can do on his own.

This is one of my favorite parts of the school year. I love getting a new box of books, and hauling the old empty box out of the attic to fill with the old books. Katie and I reminisce and organize our way through. Then I have to set a limit on her for reading/looking through her new books and things! Otherwise she'd have them all read before the summer's over. It's tough convincing her to wait and digest them slowly over the course of the school year. I've saved out a couple of books that we didn't get to this past year for her to enjoy over the summer. Maybe that will quench her thirst for a little while at least!

No comments: