Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me ...

So yesterday was my birthday! Jeff took me out to dinner at an Italian restaurant in Athens, DePalma's. I went there with Mom back in the fall and it was delicious! This time I had an apple walnut salad with bacon and blue cheese, and gorgonzola dressing. But my favorite part was the foccacia -- it comes with a fabulous spinach and smoked gouda dip. I could eat my weight in that stuff. We had a wonderful evening talking and not having to tell anyone to "eat-it-anyway-whether-you-like-it-or-not." No chance of having to tell Jeff that, because though he doesn't really like Italian food (I know, it's tragic!) he always gets the exact same thing -- Chicken Parmesan. We have a routine where we pretend that he's considering something else. Then when the waiter/waitress comes, he gives me a sheepish look and says, "Chicken Parmesan." After we eat our meals, I rave over the food and ask Jeff how the ubiquitous chicken was. And he always shrugs his shoulders and says, "It was good -- about the same."

Of course we ended the evening at Barnes and Noble where we got Starbuck's coffee and a brand new Get Fuzzy book! Oh, and Jeff bought me a rare treat -- RealSimple magazine and orange Tic-Tacs!

No comments: