Friday, September 11, 2015

The Thomas (Cannon) Affair

Several weeks ago, Jeff began hinting that he wanted to look into purchasing a new vehicle for me. I let him talk, and figured we'd deal with it later. But he mentioned it again, and then again. When I realized he meant within the next few months - much sooner than I thought - I figured I'd better get in on the research! I narrowed my favorites down to three. I did a little test-driving, and on Wednesday I got behind the wheel of a vehicle that Jeff knew right away I had fallen in love with.

We took some time to think about it, however, and to pray over it. The next day I was away from home all day to participate in wedding festivities with my sweet friend Amber Cannon. I was a bridesmaid for her wedding that evening. It was a fun day building friendships and making memories and celebrating Amber and Matt! Meanwhile, Jeff was home doing school and chores with the kids while I played hooky. He joined me later for the actual wedding.

After the wedding, Jeff and I were outside talking about all the little details we'd liked - the bride and groom left the chapel to Ride of the Valkyries, the bridesmaids' bouquets, the setting, the use of Stevie Wonder's Signed, Sealed, Delivered, the beauty of that one particular bridesmaid ... And we began wandering around toward the parking lot. I spotted our new car right away and started squealing. Jeff had covertly gone back to the dealership and purchased the car!

Amber and Lauren
Theresa, Amber and Lauren - we were playing Skip-Bo and noshing Chick-Fil-A while waiting to get our hair done.

The beautiful bride, Mrs. Matt Thomas!

Amber and Matt with Amber's dad.

Jeffrey and me.

Me with my new baby.
 Introducing Claire: A 2012 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited. She's "predawn gray" with gray interior, a moon roof, heated front seats, push-button start, DVD player, all-wheel drive, back-up camera, etc. I think I might actually learn to enjoy driving!



No comments: