Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Poor Daughter-In-Law

I promise we're not raising a sexist pig, but that boy ... I'm in the middle of painting a bookshelf and Joe walks in - "What are you doing painting that? Dads are supposed to paint things and moms are supposed to do the cooking and cleaning." ?!

When I recovered from the shock and could speak, I said, "What in the world gave you that idea?" Oh, boy, did he backtrack! As he tried to stammer out a response I told him, "I'll tell you what. If you can point to just one thing in this house your daddy has painted, I'll give you $50."

After a moment of reflection, he responded, "Um, the kitchen?"

"Nope. I painted this kitchen while I had a ONE WEEK OLD baby."

He gave up after that. Honestly, I have no idea where he gets these things ... but I had to laugh. It's going to take a special kind of woman to marry my little fella. Bless her heart.

No comments: