Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Traditions, Part 3

I posted Parts 1 & 2 last year, and this year is more or less a continuation of that. We continued this year with our advent calendar made of stockings:

Daddy, Kaity, Joe, Selah, Mommy

As I did last year, I used mini Christmas tree ornaments that depict the Nativity along with scripture in some of the stockings. Here's a list of the scripture I used with the coordinating figurines:

Luke 2:1-3 - Decree (I had to DIY a tiny scroll for the decree!)
Luke 2:4-5 - Joseph and Mary
Luke 2:6-7 - Jesus and stable
Luke 2:8 - Shepherd and sheep
Luke 2:9-20 - Angels
Matthew 2:1-12 - Star and wise men

I filled in the rest of the stockings with Old Testament prophecies about the Messiah. I found inspiration for those at Prayer of Hannah in a blog post written by my friend Leah.

No comments: