Friday, May 22, 2009

Turning 30

Thank you, Mom, for giving me life ... and for allowing me to live to be 30.


I've been told I'm entering the "last decade of cool". I've been told that it's all downhill from here. But that doesn't matter to me, because it means I have 10 more years to be cool ... and I'm on top of the hill!

Seriously, I LOVE where I am in life. I wouldn't trade 30 for 20, or even 25, for anything. If I were 20 years old, I wouldn't have my beautiful daughter or my adorable son. I sure wouldn't be the person I am, and even though I have a lo-o-ong way to go ... I like me. I'm completely in love with my handsome husband, and I'm beyond excited about the coffeehouse we'll be opening so very soon! God has brought me through some incredibly trying times, and I know that there are more to come ... but He has brought me through and He will again. I know that He allows trials in our lives to refine us to become more like Him.

The joy that I have has come not from myself, but from knowing Jesus Christ as my Savior. He is my rock and my salvation, my shield and defense. If there is no joy in your life, then can it be that you are trying to go through life on your own? Jesus Christ came to Earth, lived a sinless life, gave his life on the cross, and rose from death to life so that you could have "life, and have it more abundantly." (John 10:10b) Not a perfect life, but one that is rich in His mercy and grace and forgiveness.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:9-10

No comments: