Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sweet Little Joe

I was putting Joseph down for a nap yesterday and he did the sweetest thing I think I've ever seen! (I wonder how many times, as the parent of two children, I have said that?) He wasn't wanting to lay down, so I was trying to think of something to stop him from fussing. I settled his two monkeys, Jeffrey and George, down next to him and then picked George up and pretended he was talking to me. "What was that, George? You're not sleepy? Would you like me to sing to you? Okay, lay down and I'll sing." I tucked George in and began rubbing his little monkey head (it's so soft!) while I sang "Jesus Loves Me". Immediately, Joe sat up a little and leaned over to Jeffrey, rubbed his head, and sang along with me! It was so adorable. When I finished, I told Joe, "Now if George still can't sleep you might need to sing to him, too." As I left the room I looked back to see Joe leaned over again, rubbing Jeffrey's head and singing "Jesus Loves Me".

No comments: