Wednesday, April 18, 2018

The More Things Change ...

When I began this blog a hundred years ago my purpose was pretty simple: to keep family and friends updated on our family. Joe was one year, 7 months old. Kaity was 5 and a half. I was 26. (!)


Jeff teases me sometimes about how I never post anymore, and I really think the fault lies with social media. Back in 2006, we didn't have Facebook. Pretty sure we didn't even have a cell phone! We had a desktop on dial-up and having a blog was an easy way to communicate with our family and friends all over the world in one spot. (Blogspot! ha!) Now, I have so many other, mostly better ways to keep in touch and I use them - Instagram, Facebook, texting, video chats, etc.

Another factor is pictures - frankly, I never know where they are anymore! It's something I'm trying to change and organize, but between my phone and my laptop, it's kind of a bother to make sure everything has been uploaded to the cloud (of which I am distinctly suspicious) or whatever nebulous system is out there.

Anyway, all that to say this: I have a few upcoming posts planned and we'll just see how it goes! It has been an absolutely jam-packed life in the last year or so that I posted! And the kids have grown a little bit since 2006. In size and number!

April 1, 2018


No comments: