Monday, April 30, 2018

Kaity's Graduation Party

Saturday we celebrated Kaity's high school graduation! It was wonderful to see so many of our friends and family.

Becky and Paige and a crowd of teenagers who didn't want to stray too far from the table!

Jason, Jeff, Cheryl and Sarah.

Opening presents! Kaity got some lovely, thoughtful gifts and she loved them all.

She was especially excited about the car stereo/CD player from Grammie and Baba. "Now I can listen to audio books while I'm driving!" (For now, she's been using her laptop on the passenger seat!)


On this half-wall, I set out Kaity's scrapbooks for people to flip through. The tree branches held "leaves" on which guests wrote book suggestions, quotes, word of wisdom, or Bible verses.


Throughout the house, I scattered quotes from various authors and books.


This interactive poster was really enjoyed by the guests. They guessed at categories like Kaity's first word (Daisy, our cat's name), her favorite movie (The Princess Bride), and her favorite Marvel character (Spider-Man, of course).

This poster got a lot of laughs (you can click the picture to see it close up):

My mom made a beautiful PowerPoint slide show featuring pictures of Kaity from babyhood up to now.

It was so sweet to look back over the memories!

And I wouldn't be me if I didn't tell you about the menu! I incorporated some of Kaity's absolute favorite flavors into six dishes - three sweet and three savory:

Espresso Macarons with Chocolate-Hazelnut Ganache; Profiteroles with Lemon Curd and Whipped Cream; Strawberry Soup.

Apple-Chicken Salad with Lemon Pepper Dressing; Spicy Cheddar Crackers; Spanakopita


No comments: