Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Variety is the Spice of Life

Last year, I was introduced to The Savory Spice Shop through my friend Leah. Since then, I've slowly begun replacing all of my spices with ones ordered from there. I have been amazed at the difference in flavor! Now that I have all these matching bottles, it seemed the perfect time to put them on display.


My spices were formerly jumbled together in a drawer and I had to constantly stop little hands from absconding with them. On a positive note, my kitchen smelled like cinnamon for a week after Lauryn's last escapade. 

As I said, I'm slowly replacing, so I still have a mix of tins and random bottles. The glass jar on the bottom shelf is my kosher salt container. It typically sits on the counter next to the stove while I'm cooking so I can measure out pinches as needed.

The drawer houses my fresh garlic, California bay leaves, and other bagged spices/spice mixes that don't yet have bottles.
Next step: place an order for more spices!

At some point I may replace the drawer knobs or add some decorative touches with paint, but for now I like the natural color of the wood and the simplicity of it. I'll live with it for a while and see how it speaks to me before I make any changes. 

No comments: