Thursday, February 21, 2013

Old Wives' Tales

So we find out Monday whether little Pittard #4 is a boy, girl or a tiger! I thought it would be fun to run through some old wives' tales to see if they ring true concerning the gender of our newest little crumb-snatcher. First, some family predictions: Jeff thinks it's a boy. Kaity votes for girl. Joe thinks boy, and Selah calls her unseen sibling a sister. (Please note that I don't put any weight whatsoever on these silly wives' tales!)

Tale #1: Supposedly, if you like softer bread from the middle of the loaf, it's a girl. Firmer, end slices indicate a boy. GIRL.

Tale #2: If you have that beautiful pregnancy glow, it's a boy. A girl takes away her mother's beauty for herself. (ha!) Um ... BOY, I hope.

Tale #3: When a pregnant woman prefers resting on her left side, it's a boy. Right side, girl. (Is that because women are so often right?) GIRL

Tale #4: If Daddy gains weight during the pregnancy, it's a girl. If he stays the same or loses, it's a boy. Definitely BOY.

Tale #5: Hold a necklace over your hand. If it moves in a circle, it's a girl. If it swings back and forth it's a boy. Over my hand, GIRL. When I held it over my belly, which is one I've also heard, I got BOY. Hm ...

Tale #6: Morning sickness: Boy. No morning sickness: Girl. BOY. BOY. BOY. (But then again, I wasn't sick at all with Joe ...)

Tale #7: Craving protein means it's a boy. If so, BOY.  (I'm also craving spinach like crazy. But, considering I'm usually slightly anemic that's not too surprising.)

Tale #8: If you have increased headaches, boy. BOY, oh, BOY, it's a BOY.

Tale #9: If you can only think of specific names for one of the genders, that's the one!  Well, we have our boy name 90% decided upon. The girl name list is shorter than it was, at least. So, BOY.

All in all, it looks like boy for us! We shall see ...




1 comment:

Eric said...

Sooooo... twins?