Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Word on Our Walls

 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates." Deuteronomy 6:4-9 KJV
 In our home, we decided we wanted to have scripture on the walls. There are lots of ways to do this and I've seen some beautiful applications of the idea in other homes. The cheapest way to go, of course, appealed the most to me, and so I have chosen to paint the scriptures on the walls myself.

The top quote is not scripture, just a quote: "Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave." --Martin Luther  The one below it (on the bay window) is "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ..." Joshua 24:15

More of the first quote.

This is my latest project, painted on the wall in our bedroom.

Song of Solomon 2:10
 I had a verse painted in the kitchen as well, but since I repainted in there I haven't redone the scripture. It's on the list!

No comments: