Monday, March 19, 2012

To Him Be The Glory

Psalm 68:19: "Blessed [be] the Lord, [who] daily loadeth us [with benefits, even] the God of our salvation. Selah."

Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

It never fails to overwhelm me when God chooses to bless above all that I asked or imagined! When I received the e-mail congratulating me on passing the Jeopardy! test and inviting me to an in-person interview I was incredibly excited, but at the same I knew that on a practical level I wouldn't be able to go. Well, Jeff encouraged me not to dismiss the possibility right away. We decided to think and pray about it and to make a final decision later. (I had two days to give an answer, according to the e-mail.) My specific prayer was that if it was the right thing to do, God would provide the money for a plane ticket - the only major expense involved in the interview. Again, Jeff encouraged me - sell enough cookbooks to go! Having realized that was possible, I accepted the invitation. The very next day I got a call from my sweet friend Kim. She said she had talked it over with her husband and they wanted to purchase my ticket with their frequent flier miles! I am so thankful that they allowed God to use them to be such a blessing to me!

At the same time, my friend Amber was considering going along with me. It turns out that she was able to organize things on her end to be able to come - another blessing!

The children would need to be taken care of for the day, too, and my in-laws were already scheduled to keep them the next week for a few days. It seemed too much to ask of them. Then, another friend came to the rescue - a different Kim this time. She agreed to watch the kiddos for the day!

During all of this, I sold a total of 11 more cookbooks - eight of them before I even knew I'd need the money for the trip!

Amazingly, the blessings don't stop there! I'll save the "rest of the story" for my next post. I just wanted to update y'all on how things are going. My interview is only 9 days away - on the 28th of March.

1 comment:

Belinda Jo Adams said...

WONDERFUL! PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!!!!!!!!