Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A (Long) Christmas Summary

Well, this is one of those times when I feel like Inigo Montoya - "Let me esplain ... no, no, there is too much. Let me sum up." We had a lovely Christmas, and here's a rundown of how it went:

Christmas Eve: We woke up, got our stuff loaded into the car - kids, presents, food contributions - to head to Jeff's parents' house. The minute Jeff put the car in reverse to leave the driveway, Selah put her breakfast in reverse, if-you-know-what-I-mean. It was the first time she'd ever thrown up and I'm sure the looks on our faces were priceless! Anyway, she spent the weekend sleeping. We went on to see Jeff's family and had a great time. Much food was consumed and many lovely presents were given and received. I didn't take pictures because 1) I forgot the camera out in the car and 2) I had an increasingly heavy toddler sleeping on me most of the time.

I do have a picture, though, of after we got home. Joe's favorite gift of the day was a tool kit, complete with hardhat, suspenders and safety goggles.

We also continued a family Christmas tradition of watching the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and the German tradition of opening one gift on Christmas Eve. It's a running joke now that it's always their new pajamas.




Yes, Joe is still wearing his safety goggles.
Christmas Morning: We woke up at home and opened presents pretty early. I didn't make a fun, delicious breakfast because when asked what they wanted, my precious taste-challenged family responded with "Eggo waffles" and "cereal". Plebeians.


For Selah, we just polished up the kids' outgrown Little People.

Kaity with her Phineas & Ferb magazine

Joe, assembling Legos from his big sister.

Selah, on her new tricycle from Grammie and Bobba! "No, Selah, don't text and drive!"
Here's one of my favorite gifts from my Handsome:
Star Trek salt and pepper shakers! Sweet.
Christmas Day: We left after packing the car again to head over to Mom and Berk's for the rest of our Christmas celebrations. I don't have many pictures of that, either, because as you may have guessed, the camera was in the car again. Anyway, we had a delicious lunch of lasagna, more lovely presents, and a wonderful time spent together. Mom and I were even able to carve out a couple of hours' time just for the two of us!
 Bobba with Selah, who was still sleeping.

My big brother Stuart with his sweetie pie, Tara.

No comments: