Monday, November 02, 2009

Kaity Turns 9!

For Kaity's birthday this year, she requested to have a little party for herself and a few friends. We don't normally do parties, mainly because I'm not crazy about having a houseful of children, but I wanted Kaity to have a special day. I wanted to make sure to have plenty of adult reinforcement, so I asked my mom to come up and help with crowd control and clean-up. We really enjoyed getting to see her and Berk, since it's been so long since we have!

Kaity's cake! She chose the design after a rigorous internet search, then my friend Lindsay worked her magic!



Kaity chose a menu of spaghetti and meatballs, apples and dip, and bisclets. I made Pretty Pink Punch by putting 3/4 cup pink lemonade concentrate, 2 cups raspberry sherbet, and 2 cups milk in a blender. It was tangy and delicious!

Haleigh, Lydia, Pamela, and Claire opening their goody bags. I found Hello Kitty stuff at Target for a really good price!


After dinner, presents and cake, the girls made bracelets/necklaces with a bead kit.

No comments: