Friday, August 28, 2009

The Tale of A Gold Nugget


I'll start with the trials of a kindergartener ... Joe is starting handwriting this year, and of course the first pages are just basics, letting him get used to using a pencil and drawing specific lines in a certain way. He was working on a page yesterday that was straight lines and circles ... think lowercase 'l' and 'o'. After a bit, he sighed and said, "Mommy, why does it have to be so hard?"



The Tale of a Gold Nugget by Kaitlyn Pittard

Here I am, this is my story. I am a gold nugget. A lot of people think gold can't talk, but we can. I am at the bottom of a cave just lying there. Wait, do you hear that? Humans!

As soon as I opened my eyes, I was in a ... box! Beside me was a black shape, a lump of coal. He said his name was Carlen. The next day there was a man outside. He said that he was Dick the coin maker and they sold me! What would happen now? What would happen now?

I was turned into coins. The biggest has my face on it and one day, about a month later, someone bought me!

I was in a box. It looked like the one I was in at first! Inside there was a black shape ... Carlen! We had many adventures after that, but that is for another day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your story Kaity. Can't wait to see what kind of shenanigans the Gold Nugget and Carlen get into.
-Uncle Joe