Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What I Did on Summer Vacation

... not take a vacation, that's for sure! :) Seriously, we've stayed pretty busy since we finished up school for the year. A couple of weeks ago, we went to the Jefferson Civic Center to see a jazz band perform. They did a great job, and Kaity got to go up on stage to play the cowbell.

On June 6, a couple of friends of ours got married, and Jeff was in the wedding. It was truly a beautiful wedding, complete with a bride and groom who were absolutely glowing!

Last week we went to the Maysville Public Library for a sewing class. Kaity loved that! She made a pillow of her very own, using a sewing machine.

On Friday, I repotted a plant I received for my birthday. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal to you, but I'm amazed it's been nearly a month and I haven't killed it yet! It's practically a miracle that it had even grown to the point of needing a larger pot.

I made some incredible Orange Zucchini Muffins yesterday -- definitely a keeper! Maybe I'll share the recipe someday ...

So, other than all that, we've stayed busy just keeping up with housework, laundry, playing games together, playing outside, watching videos. The everyday stuff of life!

Twister with College People!


Joe and aforementioned glowing bride, Lydia.


The groom graduated from Georgia Tech. Jeff couldn't resist getting a picture with the "Ramblin' Wreck".

No comments: