Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Whew!

Wow! We have been crazy busy lately! This will be a catch-up post and then over the next few weeks I'll add details. For now, you get the high points! Rewind to the first part of May. The first weekend I drove with the kids down to Granny and Papa's in Blackshear to a family reunion. My Aunt Belinda and Uncle Steve were here for a visit from Germany and our family got together to see them and everyone else, too! The following weekend was graduation weekend. That Thursday, Mom graduated with her Master's degree from University of South Carolina, Aiken. Friday was Jeff's brother Joe's commissioning ceremony -- he's now officially a Second Lieutenant in the US Army. Saturday was Joe's graduation from Augusta State University with his bachelor's. May 17th was Field Day for our homeschool group and also rehearsal for the children's musical at our church. The next day was dress rehearsal for Katie's ballet recital, with the actual recital on Saturday. Sunday was the children's musical. (Are you tired yet? We sure were!) The week after that I spent focusing all my energy on getting ready for my trip to Central Asia. I left for CA, along with nine others from Maysville Baptist, on the 28th of May. So, the kids split their time between Jeff's parents' house, my parents' house, and being home with daddy. I got back from the trip on June 6th, and spent the next few days being jetlagged and going to bed at 8:30 in the evening! The trip was absolutely amazing and I'll have more details on it in another post.

No comments: