Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Fernandina Beach, Part Three

After our morning out on the Amelia and St. Mary's Rivers, we had lunch and headed straight over to my great aunt Joni's house. Y'all, this lady is a pistol and is surely a look at Selah 70 years from now!

Aunt Joni and me!
 About 25 years ago, Aunt Joni brought home this crazy character - Uncle Ken! He's the perfect match for Joni's sass.


We had a great time hearing Joni and Ken's stories, including Joni's move to Fernandina in 1964 and her job at the Palace Saloon. 

(After supper that evening, Jeff and I went to the Palace to see Aunt Joni's picture on display there. She made both the red and blue velvet dresses, and that's Joni on the right in blue.)


We stayed so long enjoying our visit that we had barely enough time to freshen up back at the B&B before meeting more family for supper. Jeff and I had a fantastic time reminiscing with my mom's two baby brothers - Mike and Tim, their wives Ede and Kim, and Mike and Ede's daughter Marishelle. I don't think Fernandina Beach High School has ever seen anything like those Floyd boys back in the late 70's! My face hurt from laughing so much at their stories. We closed down the restaurant, then took the party outside to the parking lot!

Tim, me and Mike
Marishelle, Kim, Tim, me, Ede and Michael
It was really a wonderful day of family memories - from the past and for the future!

No comments: