Monday, April 11, 2011

Two Perspectives

I always find it interesting when random strangers come up to tell me things about myself or my family. Usually it's amusing or kind and makes for a fun story to tell later. Today in Chick-fil-A was one of those times. A little old man with a white pencil mustache (think Vincent Price) came up to me.

"Are all three of these children yours?"
"Yes, sir, they are."
"Well, you better stop then! I had five and I'm tellin' you what ..."

It is my experience that they don't usually "tell you what". We're all probably better off that way! But then at the end of our meal, an elderly lady stopped by when Selah caught her attention.

"Aren't you a beautiful baby?" she cooed at Selah. "I bet you just spread sunshine everywhere you go!" Looking around the table at Kaity and Joe, she continued, "I'm sure they all do! Aren't they a blessing from the Lord?"

Yes. Yes, they are.

No comments: