Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Latest Excitement

Just before we got married thirteen years ago, the first purchase Jeff and I made together was a washing machine and dryer. We picked out just what we wanted and you should have seen the salesman's face when Jeff pulled out cash to pay for it! Without a word he placed the huge, clunky credit card machine back in the drawer and slid it shut. Priceless. (Remember the days of those things? "Ka-chunk, ka-chunk". It was so much trouble!) Anyway, last weekend we bought another set, hardly paying any more for it now than we did then! (And still with cash!)

The one downside I've found is that since it's a new high efficiency machine, I can't use my homemade detergent for a year because it will void the warranty. But after the year is up the homemade will work just fine since it's a very low-sudsing detergent anyway. Nice, since I dropped $12 on detergent and fabric softener and my homemade only costs twice that for nearly a whole year's worth! 

It's been a constant source of amusement for everyone in the family.

"Hey, Joe! You gotta check this out!"


The load they're watching is actually Kaity's clothes, and the first load she did in the new machine. She started doing all her own laundry from start to finish last year. She was so excited to get to use the new equipment!

And here's Selah helping me hang and fold the laundry:

She waited until I had a whole stack of Daddy's shirts hung up before she pulled them off the couch! At least it wasn't folded clothes -- I keep those out of reach!

1 comment:

Tom/Tabitha said...

Our kids love watching the washing machine with the window... and we just got a new dryer with the window, too...

And even better, paying with cash.