Friday, December 03, 2010

A Christmas Miracle

We planned all week to decorate for Christmas tonight, only to have to cancel at the last minute. After only sleeping about 8 hours in nearly three days, I came down with a migraine by dinnertime today. We were all very disappointed to say the least. Jeff decided to make the best of things and took the bundled-up kids to a Christmas open house of all the downtown businesses. I went to bed. After sleeping about an hour, I woke up astonished to find my headache gone! I have NEVER had that happen. Ever. In twenty years of migraines. Thrilled, I got up, cleaned up from dinner, and prepared the advent stockings. When the family arrived home, I was telling them about it and Kaity interrupted, eyes shining. "Mommy, Mommy! I prayed! I prayed that we would be able to still decorate the tree tonight!" What a wonderful blessing!

1 comment:

Belinda Jo Adams said...

oh, wow! Children's prayers