Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Strawberry Limeade Punch

I am addicted to Sonic's Strawberry Limeade. It's so good! Plus, I can order the diet version and it makes me feel like I'm doing a good thing. Now, if you know me pretty well you know that I don't really like ice cream (sherbet is another story!), but when I saw that Sonic had sought to improve the Strawberry Limeade by offering it in smoothie version I had to try it! It was so delicious I knew I had to make a punch recipe out of it. Happily, I experimented and succeeded: it was a big hit at the ladies' meeting last night.

Strawberry Limeade Punch

16 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
12 ounce can frozen limeade concentrate, partially thawed
1-1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream
2-2 liter bottles Sierra Mist (you could use Sprite, but why would you when Sierra Mist tastes so much better?)

Give the strawberries and limeade concentrate a whir in the blender (you may need to do two batches). If you need some liquid, add a touch of milk. Pour this mixture into your punch bowl; stir in the ice cream until it's partially melted. Add in the Sierra Mist slowly, stirring gently as you go -- it will foam up a LOT. And there it is. Deliciousness.

Note: This makes a big batch of punch. If you don't have a really big punch bowl, you might want to start with half the ingredients and add more later.

No comments: