Friday, June 25, 2010

Scrambled Eggs

I know this is kind of crazy, but I had to tell y'all about scrambled eggs this morning. I am not one to look for thrills in my scrambled eggs. My only requirement is that they aren't slimy. But I decided to get a little creative with them last night when I made breakfast for supper and I am so glad I did! I made more for my breakfast this morning.

First, start a small skillet going over medium heat with a pat of butter. In a bowl, crack two eggs and add in a dollop of sour cream, a splash of milk, a dash of salt and a couple of shakes of coarse ground black pepper. Cut a couple small sprigs of parsley from your herb garden on the front porch, wash them, then snip them into the eggs. Whisk all that together until smooth. Pour into the hot skillet. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir. Toss in a pile of shredded cheddar cheese. Cook and stir for another 2 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your taste. And you're done!

For those who need actual measurements ...
1 tablespoon butter
2 eggs
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 tablespoon milk
salt and pepper to taste
2 small sprigs parsley (this is optional, but if you have it on hand you really should use it!)
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
You can also add in cooked crumbled bacon or diced ham along with the cheese. That's how I made them this morning.

No comments: