Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's Bigger on the Inside

My latest project has been to redo a bookshelf. Someone gave us the shelf, and the paint is some I had put away for such a time as this. The aqua paint is actually some that my parents bought to use in a bathroom but ultimately it didn't work with what they wanted to do ... so I got it! I have more plans for it, but for now this is it:



Sadly, I had to give up having aprons hanging on that wall - I'll come up with something for them, I'm sure - but we desperately needed more shelf space for school. 

Here you can see I hung the aprons on the laundry room door with an over-the-door "robe" hook. Plus, the shelf with stuff on it - Lego pencil holder (I commissioned Kaity to make it), mason jars with stuff, drawers with school supplies, pencil boxes, VW hubcap, puzzle books, Selah's books. The shelf above has our French press, coffee mugs from our travels, my Star Trek S&P shakers, a recipe box and trivets.

No comments: