Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Mommy's Little Sweethearts

Joe is fascinated with his name and the number 4 ("That's how old I am!").


I'm often amazed at how many things Joe can come up with to do that are not technically disobedient. I've never told him NOT to do it, so it must be okay, right? Rii-ight. With that said, I have a couple of entries for the "Things I Never Thought I'd Have to Say" file ...

1. "Don't smash the Goldfish (crackers) with the peanut butter jar!"
2. "Quit driving your car on the bananas!"

In other news:
Just now, Kaity wouldn't do something Joe wanted her to. His response? "You're breaking my heart, Kaity."

Last night he told her that her new shoes were "adorable".

In playing Pretend earlier, Kaity responded to something Joe said with, "Oh, I think perhaps you meant me."

The other day, crafty Kaity made a little carry-case for Joe's craft things. She punched holes in a piece of craft foam and sewed it up with yarn to make a pocket. She added labels and little places to stick things like scissors and crayons. It's so cute!

For the Fall Festival at our church Friday night, the children had last-minute costumes (my usual!). We stopped in at Old Navy Friday morning to see if there were any deals on costumes and got Joe's for $5! Kaity's cost a little more at Wal-Mart because we put it together ourselves. In case you can't tell, Joe's a skunk and Kaity is Spaghetti and Meatballs. (That's a colander on her head.)



No comments: